What Every Denver Homeowner Should Know About Spider Control
Spiders have a reputation for being creepy creatures, acting as the unofficial mascot for scary things like haunted houses and Halloween. Having these crawling pests invade the sanctity of your Denver home will not only make you feel uneasy, but could possibly lead to health hazards if the wrong spider bites you or a family member. These arachnids find their way into your home while chasing insects in search of their next meal. Read on to find out what types of spiders may be lurking around your home and how partnering with Beeline Pest Control, the best Denver pest control company in the area, will be the best way to keep spiders away from your home and get them out for good.
Types Of Spiders In Denver
Denver is home to various types of spiders, but several are more commonly seen in the area than others. These include:
- Black widow spiders: These spiders are typically black, commonly known for the red hourglass shape on their abdomens.
- Yellow sac spiders: Female yellow sac spiders are pale yellow, green, red, or orange-brown and cover their eggs with a thin white sac.
- House spiders: This species is usually yellowish-brown, with an off-white abdomen with several dark stripes meeting at angles.
- Wolf spiders: These arachnids are usually dark brown, with paler stripes or markings, with long spiny legs. They are large and hairy, giving off a menacing appearance.
Seeing any of these spiders in your home should trigger a warning that you may have a possible infestation. Prompt removal of these spiders, especially black widow spiders, should be a primary concern in order to keep you and your family safe from them and the insects they are following inside.
Are Spiders Dangerous Enough To Kill People?
Spiders are naturally reclusive and want nothing to do with us. Most spider bites are a result of them feeling threatened and defending themselves. Wolf spiders are larger, more intimidating-looking spiders; bites from them will hurt, but luckily the venom from their bite isn’t strong enough to affect us. House spiders and yellow sac spider bites can range on the pain scale from a pinprick to a hornet sting, but their venom isn’t strong enough to truly affect you unless you are allergic to them. Black widow spiders are the most dangerous spiders in Denver. Their venom is potent enough to trigger an adverse reaction and send you to the emergency room. The best practice upon being bitten by these types of spiders is to closely monitor the results; if any major symptoms appear, it is crucial to seek medical attention and, if possible, bring the spider to the doctor for proper identification and treatment.
Five Natural Spider Prevention Tips
Spiders in Denver, especially black widow spiders, can pose a threat if they get into your home. The best way to keep spiders away is with the help of a professional spider pest control company, but there are some spider prevention tips you can practice on your own:
- Cut back any bushes or shrubs that are close to the exterior of your home to take away some of their hiding spots.
- Vacuum and dust your house regularly to remove spider webs and stray spiders.
- Keep trash cans, recycling bins, and woodpiles away from the exterior of your home.
- Keep your house tidy and remove clutter to limit areas where spiders can hide.
- Stop insects from being attracted to your house by keeping outside lights turned off as much as possible.
Trying to get rid of spiders once they have infested your home can feel like a losing battle, so enlisting the help of Beeline Pest Control will be the safest way to tackle the problem.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Away
Partnering with Beeline Pest Control is the easiest way to get rid of spiders in your Denver home. We will solve your spider problems through safe and eco-friendly treatments, then implement quarterly spider pest control services to prevent new spiders from moving into your home. We have been a family-owned, family-operated company since 2009 and have been providing fast and effective pest control in Denver, while offering same-day and emergency services when available. We dedicate ourselves to putting our customers first and focusing on your needs. To learn more about ridding your home of these creepy intruders, call today to receive a free quote!