The Trick To Keeping Wasps Away From Your Denver Yard
Wasps can be a nasty pest to come across in your Denver yard, and they generally have no qualms about stinging you, your pets, or your loved ones. Proper wasp identification, wasp prevention tactics, and professional wasp removal are essential in keeping this pest away from your property for good.
How To Identify The Wasps In Denver
It is crucial to understand the differences between the types of wasps that you may encounter in your Denver yard when it comes to wasp identification. Understanding each of these types of wasps makes for easier wasp prevention and wasp removal.
- Yellow Jackets have recognizable yellow and black striped bodies and are pretty aggressive if their nest is disturbed.
- Paper Wasps are brown or black with yellow spots; their stings are painful, and they are very aggressive.
- Mud Daubers are black in color, slightly less aggressive, and build nests out of the mud.
How Dangerous Are The Wasps In Denver?
Wasps are some of the most dangerous pests to have around your Denver yard simply because of their natural aggression and tendency to sting individuals that walk near their nests. What’s more, wasps can sting multiple times, something that allows an attack to be very painful. This may trigger allergic reactions and anaphylaxis in individuals who do not have any previous history with allergies to insect stings. Careful wasp removal is essential if you want to avoid these negatives.
Four Easy Ways To Make Your Denver Yard Less Appealing To Wasps
If you want to make your yard less appealing to wasps and learn how to get rid of wasps from your Denver property, follow these four tips on wasp prevention:
- Fill up any holes around your yard and keep your entire property free of debris. Wasps typically look for hiding areas such as these to make their nests, so removing the holes and keeping your yard clear can prevent this pest.
- Utilize plants that deter wasps such as marigold, mint, basil, and pennyroyal. You can place these around your home's foundation or near decks and patios for maximum efficiency.
- Keep any outdoor garbage areas fully sealed up and ensure no waste around your yard. Also, remove food sources such as outdoor uncovered pet food and refrain from leaving out food and drinks (especially sugary ones) on your deck or patio.
- Ensure that all exterior doors and windows stay shut as often as possible and that you seal up cracks in the windows, doors, and foundation of your home. This will ensure that all wasps aren’t tempted to move into your yard in hopes of getting inside.
The Pros To Call For Total Wasp Control For Your Denver Yard
If you’re struggling with a wasp invasion on your property, the best way to get rid of wasp nests and defeat an infestation of this pest is to contact Beeline Pest Control. The professionals will safely remove any type of wasp problem you have on your property and will ensure that neither you nor the ones you love are stung by this pest.
Instead of attempting to remove and combat wasps by yourself, trust the experts at Beeline Pest Control to eliminate your wasp problems and return your Denver yard to a peaceful, safe, wasp-free space.